2022 CLASS PLACEMENT PROCESS
Parent input forms for the class placement process are due by Monday. (Please note that these forms were available via download from the Week 2 newsletter.) Forms received after will not be able to be considered as the placement process begins on Tuesday.
Please also notify the school as a matter of urgency if your child/ren will be moving to another school to commence in 2022.
Due to the current worldwide phenomenon we have been asked to share the following information with you about the Netflix series “Squid Games”. (We have already heard children as young as 6 discussing and playing this game in the schoolyard, so ask for you to please be aware of the impact of this program and follow up at home with your children.)
Squid Games is a South Korean Netflix series where characters compete in well-known children’s games with sometimes extreme and violent outcomes. There are reports that children have been acting out these games in the school yard and on Social Media platforms.
The series is rated MA 15+ in Australia. Under the government’s classifications and advisory category, children under the age of 15 may not legally watch, buy or hire MA 15+ rated material unless they are in the company of a parent or adult guardian.
If your child/ren have not seen the series it is possible they have seen aspects of it on social media. If they have seen the series or aspects of it, we encourage you to monitor their reactions and engage in open and honest conversations about the content and their online activity.
If this series has triggered any concerns for your child/ren, the following supports are available:
Kids helpline: 1800 55 1800
Lifeline: 13 11 14
If you have any questions about the information above, please get in touch.
END OF YEAR CONCERT - TUESDAY NOVEMBER 30th
Our End of year Concert is fast approaching and everyone is already in full swing preparing and practising for this event! While we are still organising the details of how it will be managed in a COVID safe way, the following is what we are planning so far:
· Due to current Department for Education COVID expectations requiring physical distancing, this event will be ticketed at a maximum of 2 tickets per family. Details about how to order tickets will be out soon.
· Entry will be via 2 gates only, (those next to House 9 and House 8), and entry to the audience area will be with the tickets only and include COVID safe scan or sign in processes
· Attendees will need to remain seated throughout the concert. We are currently trying to source enough seats for all attendees so we can ensure correct physical distancing. Up to 2 children below the age of 5 may attend as long as they sit on the lap of the adults at all times.
· Currently, adults are not expected to wear masks when outside on school grounds, however, we do encourage adults to wear masks during this event, as everyone will be seated in an area in close proximity to others.
· The Concert will start at 6:00pm and be held in the large COLA.
· Gates will open at 5:25pm. One of the attending adults will be asked to deliver their children to their classrooms and sign them in with their teachers at 5:30pm. All children need to be at classrooms no later than 5:40pm.
· Classes will move to their designated seating spaces in the COLA at 5:45pm and students will then sit with their teachers throughout the Concert.
· At the end of the Concert, students will return to classrooms with their teachers and wait for one adult to come and sign them out. For safety reasons and the inability to effectively manage dismissal within a very large group, students are not able to be dismissed from the COLA.
· Organisation of the Concert itself will be the same as our last concert in the COLA with class, whole school and staff items. Students will be seated throughout the Concert with their teachers and move to the stage and back from their designated spaces.
· The COLA will be sectioned off for seating. The stage will be set against the fence side of the COLA and classes will be seated directly out from the front of the stage and performing floor area. Behind that there will be a sectioned area for seating for family members. No prams will be allowed in this area.
· The playgrounds will be out of bounds.
· As this is a school event and on school grounds parents are reminded that smoking and alcohol are not permitted.
As we get closer to Concert we hope there are no issues with COVID but as has been the case for the last 18 months, if circumstances change suddenly we may need to cancel. Fingers crossed we can all get to enjoy a wonderful evening to end our school year.
PROPOSED CONCERT – TUESDAY 30th NOVEMBER
GRADUATIONS – THURSDAY 9th DECEMBER