The following is a brief update from our last Governing Council meeting and of each sub-committee:
- Facilities: See article below
- Nature Play Project - We have engaged Betterland to design a nature play area in the R-2 Playground. The redevelopment of this space will include: a log and stump climber, balance beams, log seating, and a rock climbing area with scramble net. This will value add to our teepee building area, mud kitchens, bamboo pods/huts and loose parts play. Due to company commitments this project is scheduled for the latter part of this year. The funding for this project has come from multiple sources: fundraising, grant from SA Government and school funds.
- After School Sports - Our 2/3 Netball team had their first win last Saturday. Karen, coach, shared that she is very impressed with the girls enthusiasm and that they are a delightful group to work with. Our Under 10 Soccer team also had a win!
- OSHC - Happy Haven have welcomed some new and returning staff members this term. Please see article further on in the newsletter to find out a little more about each educator.
- Finance: The 2021 budget is tracking well. Reminder M&S Levy (School Fees) letters were approved to send to families. The school's annual audit was conducted and a highly successful report on the school's management of finances was received (waiting on formal written report).