The State Government on the advice of the Chief Medical Officer has made the following statements this week.
Due to the world-leading response to COVID in WA, Phase 4 will start on Saturday, June 27 (11.59pm Friday, June 26) and will result in:
· All existing gathering limits and the 100/300 rule removed;
· Gathering limits now only determined by WA's reduced 2sqm rule;
· The 2sqm rule will include staff only at venues that hold more than 500 patrons;
· Removal of seated service requirements at food businesses and licensed premises;
· No requirement to maintain patron register at food businesses and licensed premises;
I have not received any Operational Direction from the Department of Education as yet, but do expect that as of next week we will be able to resume School Assemblies.
In anticipation of this I have asked Mrs Winterburn and the Year 5 class to prepare an Assembly to acknowledge NAIDOC Week. This assembly will be held on Wednesday July 1st, commencing at 8.45am.
I was hoping to say “Welcome back to School” and open the doors for parents to attend this assembly. As yet I cannot say definitively that I can, but, I am hopeful.
So please keep the morning free and look out for the text or email that confirms that we can allow parents into the school for an assembly.
If all goes to plan, we will also be having the School Cross Country on Friday morning, commencing at 9.30am. Again, if I can, you will be invited, so please keep the morning free and as soon as I am allowed to invite more than 300 people into an open air location, I will let you know.