The conclusion of Term 3 sees the end of the last full school term for year 12. After 13 years of schooling the count down is on. With only 5 days left of regular classes during week 1 of Term 4, it is a time of mixed emotions for our students.
Although 2020, has been a year like no other, Term 3 saw a little bit of normality with year 12's completing their Trial examinations in week's 5+6. It was pleasing to see some wonderful results across various subjects demonstrating hard work pays off!
The HSC has already commenced for some of our students undertaking practical subjects with Music practical exams, Visual Art's Body of Work's and D&T Major Works already assessed under COVID safe conditions. Thank you to all of the teachers of these subjects for assisting students with getting through these stressful times.
A highlight of the term was RUOK? Day where it was so pleasing to see Year 12 lead and be actively involved in a whole school event especially when 2020 has deprived them of many memorable events in their last year of school. The positivity and mateship shown on this day by not only year 12 but the whole school was inspiring.
The final weeks of the term saw year 12 completing course content, revision, numerous competitive Kahoot games, applications for future transitions post school, class parties as well as many chats with friends and favourite teachers. It is very pleasing to report that numerous students have already received early entry into post school courses in 2020. We look forward to hearing success stories in 2021 and beyond.
Looking ahead, although we will see less of Year 12, there will be a hype of activity with numerous events now being able to take place (yay):
- one week of schooling (Week 1 Term 4)
- HSC written exams commencing 20th October
- Year 12 Graduation. The new date (19th November 2020 at Liverpool Catholic Club) will see the inclusion of families (1family member at present but fingers crossed for more in the future). I am so happy that at least 1 family member is now allowed to share this special occasion with our Year 12 students.
- Year 12 Sign Out day (25th November)
- Year 12 Formal (27th November Le Montage at Lillyfield). The event will adhere to Government and Department of Education COVID safe guidelines, policies and procedures. This is wonderful news to allow students to celebrate the end of schooling with their peers.
So, it is not goodbye for Year 12's just yet. We will see them at various times throughout Term 4. We wish Year 12 a happy and well deserved break after such a strenuous term. Students are encouraged to make the most of the upcoming weeks to revise, refine and consolidate their learning in preparation for their HSC written exams. We also encourage year 12 to look after themselves during this time especially their mental health. This can be a stressful time, and in a year like no other don't ever be afraid to ask for help!
Looking forward to spending the last remaining days with year 12 next term and celebrating wonderful achievements with you all.
Ms Cattanach and Ms Byrne
Year 12 Year Advisors