Dear parents and carers,
In line with company policy, increased hygiene and social distancing practices will continue to be implemented in the school during Term 4. Please read the points below carefully. Thank you to all members of the LIS community for your patience and commitment in ensuring that we keep our children and island safe.
1. It is imperative that parents and carers do not send their children to school if they are sick or showing any symptoms of a cold or flu. If your child is sick, please keep your child home and seek appropriate medical attention. Children who display any signs of sickness will be isolated under supervision in the school's sick bay and parents called to come and collect them.
2. Entrance to school for students and parents / carers will be via the Aginas Oval gate only, which will open at 7.45am. Students who arrive before this (which is discouraged) are to wait in the carpark undercover area until 7.45am. Students should be at school by 8.05am, ready to start the day at 8.10am.
3. All students will be greeted at the gate by a teacher and will be temperature tested. They are to wash their hands at the wash station and then proceed to the undercover area. Only kindy parents will be permitted to escort their children to their classrooms and pick them up at the end of the day. If parents need to go to the office, or see a teacher, they will be temperature checked and permitted to proceed to the wash station and are then to make their way straight to the school office.
4. Students will be required to wash their hands in the mornings before school and before and after recess/lunch.
5. All desks, door handles, playground equipment and other high contact equipment will be sanitised twice daily or after use by cleaning staff.
6. Social distancing measure of 1.5 metres will be employed in classrooms through desk arrangements. Social distancing markings have been painted on cement areas where students line up and in the undercover area for recess/lunch eating times. The school will implement staggered lunch and recess breaks between the primary and high school to reduce the number of children in the eating area at one time.
7. Students will each be issued with a reusable washable mask. Students will be required to use these masks for travel to and from school and during specific identified activities at school.
8. The school canteen will be closed for the duration on term 4. Students will need to bring a packed recess and lunch each day - there is to be no dropping off of lunches by parents, siblings or haus meris. Students are also asked to bring a water bottle to school that they will refill instead of drinking from the bubblers.
10. In Term 4, separate assemblies for high school and the primary will continue. Social distancing measures will remain in place for assemblies.
School for Term 4 will finish on Thursday the 3rd December.
If you would like more information regarding any of the topics in this newsletter, please do not hesitate to make contact.
Mr. Greg Neville