Thank you to all our parents who are following our suggested safety procedures around Kiss and Drop and Park and Walk
Please remember to park with the safety of our community in the forefront of your decision. Parking and then reversing into oncoming traffic, making a u turn in a line of traffic, parking across pedestrian crossings or in unmarked/designated car parks or blocking traffic, are all unsafe procedures.
A reminder that once you have your children with you, you become responsible for their wellbeing. Please move around the carparks safely and with common sense and consideration of others.
Kiss and Drop or Park and Walk
There are a number of safety rules we need to remember when entering and exiting the two carparks at Our Lady of the Rosary.
· Both Carparks are 10km/h zones- this applies in and out of school hours
· Both have car parking spaces. All cars are expected to park only in the spaces marked. Please do not park across pedestrian crossings or at the front of the school entrance.
· When walking to and from the parked cars, please hold your child’s hand
Kiss and Drop Carpark
· Please have patience when moving in and out of the Kiss and Drop Zone – don’t overtake once you have dropped or picked up your children
· The driveway coming into the Kiss and Drop Carpark is a no parking zone at the beginning and end of the day – please check the signage. This allows the cars to drive slowly through the line
· This is the only area to drop your children
Church Carpark- PARK and WALK
· Please be aware of the crossing in front of the gate
· There is no parking in the turning circle in front of the church
· Please do not use the end of the driveway (near the closed gate) as a drop off point- park and walk in.
· There is no parking or drop off in front of the parish office
Please do not wait in this carpark if there are no parking spaces left. You will need to find an alternate place to park on the street.
There are teachers on duty in Hi-Vis jackets. Please adhere to their instructions.