I hope that you are all well as we continue with Remote Learning and Stage 4 restrictions.
This second time around seems more challenging but I am impressed with the efforts our families are going to in order to make the most of this time.
The experience for each of us is determined by our mindset. The knowledge that we are all in this together, trying to navigate our way through a difficult and challenging time provides some comfort. It is also important that we all want the best outcome for all students, parents, staff and the wider community.
I have been able to catch up with teachers over the past week who are excited to see students in their weekly Google Meet sessions. The teachers talk about the chatter amongst friends on the screen and the excitement it generates. Our teachers are channelling this energy into the programs they are preparing for students over the next few weeks. The continued aim is to provide learning that is engaging, effective and focused on the areas of Reading, Writing, Numeracy and Religious Education. We are also mindful of making the program accessible for students and the parents/carers who are supporting them. Thank you for working with us.
Please use your knowledge of your children and these few pointers as prompts when working with your children;
· if your child is finding it hard to complete tasks then concentrate on one or two.
· break the time spent concentrating on a task into smaller, more manageable parts.
· encourage your child to check in with their teacher to talk about how much work they are doing/not doing.
· if your child is looking for more work, encourage them to create a project/task for themselves, create one with them, look for opportunities to extend.
· consider social and emotional health.
Live Assembly : Tuesday 1st September, 2pm Via ZOOM
Whole School Live Liturgy: Friday 4th September - we will hold our second Liturgy via ZOOM to celebrate and give thanks for the special men in our lives.
Invitations for the Assembly & Liturgy will emailed to all families the day before the event.
School Closure day: 18th September - Planning and curriculum.
Chris Dortmans, Principal