Last week should have seen the start of the Olympics but as with all other events this had to be postponed. We have seen so many changes in six months it is sometimes hard to keep up. Even now, the challenge of leaving home and coming to school wearing a mask while ensuring that we carefully follow the hygiene and distancing protocols that the Government have mandated us to follow.
My main desire during this time is the safety and wellbeing of our school community, and to ensure learning does not get postponed like so many other things.
I am grateful for all the work staff are doing to ensure they provide meaningful tasks for your children. They are constantly looking for innovative ideas to enhance the learning provided for our students.
We know that remote learning is not ideal, but we do appreciate the support received from parents as we work to help the children.
All families who are experiencing financial pressures as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic have the opportunity to apply for a concession relating to their Term 2 and/or Term 3 fees.
Fee payers requesting consideration for fee relief should contact either Chris Dortmans or Nancy Rintoule to discuss their school fee obligations.
School fees are an essential portion of resources for the operation of our school and assist our leaders and staff to enhance curriculum and teaching programs. We therefore ask that those able to support the school financially continue to do so.
Swimming – Unfortunately the swimming program has been cancelled due to the extended lockdown and uncertainty as to when such activities will be available to large school groups.
Winter Sport (Gr 5 & 6 only) – Our winter sport season has been cancelled due to restrictions.
Excursions – The bulk of our planned excursions for the year will not be able to take place due to restrictions. We are hopeful of running some excursions later in the year if restrictions are eased to a point where it is considered appropriate.
Camps – At this stage our camps have been moved to the end of the year, no final decision has been made as to whether these can go ahead or not. Fees for these will remain on statements until a decision is made.
School Fees - The following credits have been processed and revised fee statements will be emailed shortly:
· Swimming/Winter Sport Levy
· Excursion Levy
We sincerely thank those families who have already settled their account in full; credit balances will be carried forward into next year or refunded in full upon request.
Please note: These amendments will not impact statements for Health Care Card holders.
Chris Dortmans, Principal