Pupil Free Day Tuesday 9th June 2020
As advised earlier, next Tuesday is a Pupil Free Day and our staff will be participating in professional learning.
Site Improvement Plan - Writing
At times during the term, teachers are released for Training and Development. Last week teachers and undertook on training and development in Brightpath.
Brightpath is an innovative assessment process that uses typical classroom writing tasks to:
- develop teacher’s assessment skills
- help teachers differentiate learning
- provide teachers with teaching points based on how they have assessed their students.
Brightpath enables teachers to compare their students’ writing with a set of calibrated exemplars to judge performance. The accompanying software provides immediate reporting. Teachers’ judgement data can then be used to evaluate student growth in learning and to inform school programs.
Brightpath facilitates the collection of school-wide writing data to support rigorous evaluation of both teaching and learning. This data can be used to support assessment for, of, and as learning.
Return to school
While we have been supporting family choice with learning from home during the pandemic but it is now expected that all students who are well and not considered vulnerable attend school.
Students are required to attend school unless they are:
- feeling unwell
- have a chronic medical condition or compromised immune system and are not able to attend school on advice from their medical practitioner (medical certificate required)
- live in a household with others that are deemed vulnerable to COVID-19 and are not able to attend on advice of their medical practitioner (medical certificate/letter required)
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been required to self isolate by SA Health.
Mid -Year Reports will be sent home with students on Wednesday 1st July, (Week 10 Term 2) and End of Year Reports will be sent home with students on Friday December (Week 9 Term 4).
If you require two copies of school reports due to family circumstances, please notify our office by completing the Skoolbag eform 'Student Report 2020'.