Dear Parents, Carers and Families of EHPS
Semester One Reports
Reading all EHPS student reports has made my week. Teacher comments about the tremendous effort’s students have put into their learning and achievement of personal goals, highlights the ability of students to progress and demonstrate great resilience during the last two terms. Congratulations to all students who have strived to do their best. Modified Semester One reports will go out at the end of next week.
Changes to Internal times
The last two weeks we have been very pleased with the overall response with the internal time changes. Students and staff will be surveyed at the end of term to give further feedback on the internal changes. Already the number of negative behaviour incidents occurring on the playground have decreased and students are enjoying sitting in stage groups for eating times. Thank you to the P&C for their feedback, flexibility with canteen operations and suggestions to improve these changes.
Two staff are allocated morning supervision from 8.30 to 8.55 am due to an increase of six supervised areas being opened for students during other break times. Students are required to remain in K-2 and 3-6 areas if they arrive before the 8.55 am bell.
Morning Recess (1st break-10.20-10.45 am) Students may choose to sit and eat or go to play. (Please note: Fruit break will happen in classrooms during 1st learning session) (Canteen available on days operating)
Lunch (2nd Break-12.05-12.30 pm) Students sit in stage groups to eat lunch before they are dismissed to go to play. (Canteen available on days operating)
Afternoon Recess (3rd Break 1.50 -2.15 pm) Students may choose to sit and eat or go to play. (CANTEEN CLOSED)
Throughout the day, all students have access to their water bottles in the classrooms. Please know that teachers at times, have students eating healthy nourishing food in class if they were hungry.
Staffing Term 3 For the next two weeks I will be on leave and Ms Jo Connolly will be relieving as Principal, supported by executive members Mrs Jean Scott, Mrs Jackie Howard and Miss Morgan Harvey. Ms Connolly will be working closely with Mr Sean Kees, teaching 4/5J during this time. Mrs Rachel Jarvis will be leaving us after next week to have her baby. We will keep you updated when Baby Jarvis arrives. 6J will have the rest of the year with Mr Logan Longfield. Ms Bec Raschke will be taking Mr Longfield’s previous role of RFF and intervention K-6. We welcome back Mrs Mandii Graham, replacing Mr Jared Cady, and working closely with Mrs Scott. Mrs Howard will continue in the role of AP Wellbeing and working closely with Mr Mat Frizell who is teaching 1/2H.
School Uniform Review As mentioned last year, the school and P&C are reviewing the school uniform. We need parent feedback via https://bit.ly/ehpsuniform link to start the process. Any changes or modifications to the uniform will be over a three year period. Our current school uniform supplier will continue as per usual.
Kiss and Ride Review We are currently working with the DoE and Council to review our Crest Avenue pedestrian crossing and Kiss and Ride areas. I will keep you informed with our progress. Please continue to be mindful of the road expectations and be patient and respectful of the students, staff and parents using these areas.
We are not giving up!
In light the current situation regarding COVID and the excursion ban by DoE, it is unlikely that we will get to travel anywhere in Term 4… BUT…… we just may be able to. We definitely will plan some way, still abiding by safety precautions from DoE and Department of Health to have fun! We will have something special for Year 6 to celebrate their transition to high school. Planning for all possibilities seems to be how we get through these times. In any scenario, we will make the end of year experience special for our students. We will keep you informed and up to date as information comes to hand.
Kindergarten Orientation and Year 6 transition to High School will definitely be different from previous years with the new restrictions sent out on Monday. Our creative staff are presently working on possible alternate ways to support our students and their families in having informed and effective transitions.
Peer Support Training for Year 6 is now completed but unfortunately, we cannot run our Peer support groups this term due to the new restrictions. The skills and leadership learning our Year 6 students have gained in the training, will hold them in good stead for the future. Our Peer Support Groups K-6 proved to be very successful in the organisation of Harmony Day activities held earlier in the term.
EHPS Safety Plan for COVID Detection if a case occurs at our school
With the monitoring of COVID-19 cases in NSW, I want to assure you that our school and the Department of Education have a detailed plan to deal with any confirmed cases in our school.
Below is an overview of our plan if a case occurs within school time;
1. If I am informed of a case by a parent/carer, I report it to the Department of Education who will then liaise with the Health Department to determine if the person was infectious at a time they were at the school. The Department may also contact me if they are aware of a case involving the school.
2. I will advise you via Skoolbag/SMS if you are required to collect your child/ren from school as soon as possible. If you are unavailable, we are able to send your child/ren home with an emergency contact you have previously nominated. Please ensure your details are up to date by contacting the office or school email and you have downloaded the Skoolbag app.
3. The process of pick up will be: Students will be called to the Morning COLA Areas (K-2 or 3-6), where they will be split into family groups. A-L will exit Gate 5 (Ridley Street) M-Z will exit Gate 2 (Crest Ave) If your family has mixed surnames please discuss with your children which gate they would go to.
4. Students will be walked by teachers to those exits. No parents/carers are permitted within the school site and we ask that parents wait patiently, ensuring social distancing is adhered to at all times
5. All children will remain at school until they are picked up.
6. Parents/Carers will be contacted formally if their child has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive. These students will be required to remain in home isolation and not return to school for 14 days.
7. Where children are not deemed to be a close contact, parents will receive a letter advising them to monitor their child for symptoms and seek treatment if appropriate.
8. The school will undergo a deep clean.
9. Learning via online platforms will be available if the school is closed for a period of time.
10. Parents will be advised via Skoolbag/SMS when the school will reopen.
I will endeavour to keep the community up to date on developments. The safety of our students, staff and families is paramount and we will do everything we can to stop the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your continued support in keeping your child/ren home when they are sick, being tested and self-isolating when needed.
Make the most of the awesome moments. Be safe and take care!