Dear Parents, Caregivers and Members of the Mother Teresa Community
Welcome back to the exciting new year of learning. This morning I met many of you at the front gate as you streamed in for the first day of primary. There is an exciting buzz in the air and we are now well positioned to have a very successful academic year. For me it is a real privilege to lead this wonderful school and continue the hard work that has been invested in this amazing facility filled with such dedicated staff. My strong desire is to ensure we continue the great culture developed around the vision and mission of St Teresa of Calcutta.
We provide a very warm welcome to our new staff as we commence the year with ever increasing enrolments: Ms Josephine Santos- Year 2, Ms Rochelle Wildman- ART/P.E., Mr Jack Foody- Year 3, Ms Lisa Barry- Transition, Ms Kylie Lake- Transition, Mr Joe Higgins-Facility Manager (Danihers), Ms Janice Taylor – Administration, Ms Kelly Rasmussen- Inclusion Support and Mr Dylan Collins- OSHC
There are always many organisational matters to attend to at the beginning of the year, especially in a new school so here are a few:
1. Seesaw and Skool Bag are our major forms of communications. We also communicate via Facebook. Please ensure you are linked into these apps. See instructions below on how to download SkoolBag. Skool Bag is used for all school related communication and See-Saw is used for classroom communications.
2. The school believes that we provide quite comprehensive communication options for parents. Please ensure you that these official channels are the only means by which you communicate with individual staff members in order to respect their privacy. For example, contacting staff via their private social media accounts.
3. See-Saw codes and instructions will be handed out from classroom teachers.
4. Defence Families: Thanks for your response to the survey. We really need accurate figures on how many defence families we have at MTCP so please let the office know if you have yet to inform them.
5. Please see our recent Skool Bag eForm, regarding a preferred time for P & F meeting. The meeting will be held on Monday 10th February. Once we have a set time, we will advise our parent community.
6. Finally, thank you for adjusting to our new arrival and departure plans.