CORONAVIRUS IMPACT UPDATE
Update on Learning – Weeks 1 and 2
This week we have reached 80% attendance at school. This has meant that students have returned to normal class groups and rooms, normal timetables are in operation and most students are present in each room. While we continue to understand and respect the decision of families to keep their children home throughout this pandemic, the need to revert to normal timetables where teachers no longer have release time to do the direct home communications means it is no longer feasible to provide online learning.
Students Learning at School
From Week 3, the focus of the learning will be on face-to-face learners at school where normal programs will be in place.
Students Learning at Home
For students who continue to learn at home:
· Teachers will continue to supply learning activities/tasks with resources being sent via Skoolbag or in a hard copy pack if requested
· Students are asked to complete tasks and return through Class Dojo, Google Classroom or in hard copy form (depending on how work has been previously submitted or requested)
· Teachers will mark/comment/give feedback on the work
Not all learning activities and tasks will be able to be supported. As students at school will be undertaking normal programs, teachers will not be expected to set alternative work for at-home learners. Webex sessions and regular/direct communications via Class Dojo, email or phone will no longer be available due to constraints on teacher availability.
Should you wish to continue to keep your child at home, please ring the front office team on 8322 3677.
Current Restrictions and Cleaning Practices
To continue to ensure we maintain a safe environment for all students and staff, our current restrictions have been reduced to:
· No parents/caregivers permitted on site and we would also encourage parents arriving to drop off or waiting for pick up to undertake social distancing processes while you wait outside the gates
· No excursions, assemblies or other major gathering events will occur
· No out of hours activities/groups/clubs/sports
To reassure families of our site hygiene processes, our ongoing cleaning includes:
· Cleaning each afternoon
· Additional cleaning throughout the day, focusing on touch surfaces including doors and doorknobs
· Additional cleaning of playgrounds
· Hand sanitisers in classrooms and front office for student access
· Signage located around the site encouraging students to maintain positive hygiene practices.
(Please be aware that social distancing in classrooms is not possible.)
If your child is sick, do not send her/him to school.
If your child presents with symptoms of being unwell, you will be contacted and asked to collect her/him.
Notification of a case of Coronavirus
While there is currently a low likelihood of a case of Coronavirus occurring given recent trends, we cannot assume there won’t be. The school has a process ready to follow in the event of a notification.
We thank you for your ongoing support, patience and understanding as we have navigated this unique situation. We also recognise and thank all our teachers and support staff, for the development of innovative online learning opportunities and adapting to an ever-evolving environment.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or the front office team.
YR 7-8 ENROLMENT FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL PROCESS
Parents/Caregivers of Yr 7 students are reminded to please complete your online application for Yr 8 for your child asap and certainly by May 22nd. If you need any support that the form does not provide, please contact the front office team.
Good luck and best wishes to Hannah Sripada as she starts leave in preparation for the birth of her baby. We thank Hannah for her significant contribution to our 2 Yr 1/2 classes this year.