Thank you to all of the parents and carers who provided feedback to us on Term 2 Home Learning. Below is a summary of the results:
- 192 people participated in the survey
- Over 80% of participants found the instructional videos useful, easy to follow and just the right length
- 75% said the activities were at their child's level, 78% reported that their child was able to successfully complete the activities, however only 28% could do it independently
- 68% reported that the learning intentions for activities were clear
- Over 30% of parents/carers knew that their child had achieved the learning intention as they explained or demonstrated their knowledge and understanding to them
- 57% of respondents found the feedback from teachers 'Good' to 'Very detailed and highly effective'
CommentsThank you to all the teachers for their hard work. We really appreciate it. It is a difficult time. School and family are trying our best. Kids safety is our first priority. Home schooling is less efficient but we have no issue with it for the time being. The home learning has come a long way from last semester and I feel that my child is learning a lot and understands what is required.
Term 2 home learning weekly schedule is great. It feels Like the teachers have spent a lot of time planning the tasks and lessons. Thank you!!RPS has done a wonderful job under very trying circumstances, thank you. We would welcome a full return back to school, so that teachers can resume group teaching of new concepts, rather than just supervision of online learning.Home learning programmes this term have vastly improved over last term - the instructional videos , detailed lesson content and step by step instructions, streamlined curriculum, feedback and attempts to engage with the class. Return to senior school maths/english classes has also helped immensely by providing appropriate level work and engagement.The work and schedule sent home has been fantastic; as has been the support. The only difficulty has been different communications channels and switching between them and remembering which one to access.Overall the school communication has been great. The 2 Seesaw apps have not been user friendly to follow. Teacher videos are great. I would find a video each day would be helpful to see what’s on for the day. Whether my child is attending or not, just helps keep on top of what’s happening and to keep on top.My son really loved zoom with classmates.