All children on their return to school are required to be wearing their correct winter school uniform. If you require winter uniform items you can order them on Flexischools. Fleur has kindly offered to process these orders this week. All items may then be collected from the school office by Thursday of this week. All other uniform items that are ordered after Thursday will be available for collection on Tuesdays and Thursdays of the school Term.
A recent reflection shared with me by one of my friends that I thought you may enjoy. It certainly helped me to reflect on all that has been and all that is to come.
For weeks I have heard people saying, “I just can’t wait for things to be back to normal.” I remember even saying that more than a few times myself. But as I’ve thought about our current situation I have realised how much I don’t want things to go back to the way they were. Here are my few reasons:
- I hope the next time a friend grabs me and pulls me in for a hug, I actually take the time to appreciate the gift of their presence and their embrace.
- I hope that when school resumes and I drop my children off, I take the time to thank the staff for the amazing gift of education that they give to my family.
- I hope that the next time I’m sitting in a crowded restaurant I take the time to look around at the smiling faces, loud voices and be more appreciative of the gift of community.
- I hope that when I am at the supermarket I take a moment to acknowledge the necessities of life and the amazing people who work so hard to keep us supplied.
- I hope that I never again take for granted the ability to hop in the car and visit a friend, go to the beach, a restaurant or a movie, etc.
So, the truth is, I don’t want things to return to the way they once were. I hope and pray that I take the lessons and challenges of the past few weeks and create a new normal.
My goal is to appreciate more, love harder, and truly appreciate the daily abundance of blessings that I may once have so easily overlooked just a few weeks ago. If someone tells you they love you, take it to heart!