During next week, R-5 students will be attending Water Safety lessons at the ARC at Campbelltown. Whilst we refer to these lessons as "Swimming Lessons", the focus is on water familiarisation, safety and associated skills rather than the traditional lessons that many students attend outside of school. These lessons are part of the Health & PE curriculum and a report is provided at the end by the instructors.
Lesson times for individual classes have been sent home with the consent forms. When preparing for next week, please remember to send...
- Bathers/board shorts
- Goggles (Instructors do not have spares)
- Water bottle
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Clothes for survival swims – Thursday. Pyjama Day. Year 3 students bring shorts and t shirt and Year 4 & 5 students bring long sleeved top and bottoms. Bathers to be worn underneath. Students to put their clothes on over their bathers upon arrival
- Swimming cap/hair tie to keep long hair tidy
- Underwear if students are wearing bathers to school
Please refer to communication from individual class teachers which outlines exactly what your child will need each day.
We are all looking forward to a great week of fun and new learning.