At CPS we highly value Student Leadership. We have developed an excellent leadership program that supports a breadth of leadership opportunities for the students. To ensure continuous improvement students from years 4 - 6 were provided the opportunity to access a National Student Survey. The questions provided, gave students the opportunity to let us know what is working well and what we need to work on. There was also a questions on leadership and if teacher feedback on their learning supported their future focus. Overall the students indicated a high rate of satisfaction with most areas of the survey.
Positive areas identified
- My teachers expect me to do my best
- My teachers are good teachers
- My teachers care about me
- My school gives me opportunities to do interesting things.
- I feel safe at school
- My school looks for ways to improve
Areas identified as requiring further review
- I can talk to my teachers
- My school takes students' opinions seriously
- Student behaviour is well managed
- Being provided many opportunities for leadership and being provided effective feedback to assist in their progress showed high levels of student satisfaction.
With the implementation in 2021 of PBS as an operational framework aiming to improve students' academic, social-emotional and behaviour outcomes, the areas identified are being addressed. We are in the processes of reviewing giving and receiving effective student feedback supporting their growth and development.
We are calling for nominations for the School Board. There is soon to be two (2) parent positions vacant due to the completion of the current member’s terms. The board provides strategic guidance and monitoring of the school’s performance. We welcome nominees.
Are you interested in participating in:
- The development, endorsement and review of the school budget and business plan.
- Processes to review school performance.
- The development and endorsement of the annual report.
- Promoting the school in the community; and
- Taking part in the review of school policies
- One of our main focus areas has been on continuing to build on school communications and promotion of our school to the wider community, having expertise in this area would be beneficial.
If you require more information you can either, make an appointment to see me, contact Nick Payne, Current School Board Chair on 0428 344 528 or follow this link to the Department’s School councils/board Information Pack. If you are interested in nominating for a position on the School Board please complete the nomination form and email to Kim.Fraser@education.wa.edu.au (electronic form is preferable):
Reports will be going out on Monday 27 June electronically. Please let the administration office know if you have changed your email address or wish to add both parents onto our system if they are not on already. If you have any concerns or issues, please make an appointment with your child’s class teacher. Please remember that teachers are available for you to meet anytime throughout the year, it would be appreciated if you make a suitable time directly with your child’s teacher. This allows the teacher to give you their full attention. Trying to discuss any issues or concerns at drop-off is very difficult.