Professional Learning Day - Last Friday the staff were involved in a Professional Learning Day that involved the unpacking of the 14 Parameters of School Improvement.
The 14 Parameters are based on the research of Dr Lyn Sharratt and Michael Fullen. They are:
1. Shared Beliefs and Understandings
● Each student can achieve high standards given the right time and the right support
● High expectations and early and ongoing intervention are essential
● Teachers and Administrators need to be able to articulate what they do and why they teach the way they do
2. Embedded literacy /instructional coaches
3. Daily, sustained focus on literacy instruction
4. Principal instructional leadership
5. Early and ongoing intervention
6. Case Management Approach: DATA Wall, Case - by Case Meetings
7. Professional Learning at all Staff Meetings
8. In School grade/ subject meetings. Collaborative marking of student work
9. Centralised resources
10. Commitment of district and school budgets for literacy learning and resources. Teachers and administrators need to be able to articulate what they do and why they teach the way they do
11. Action research and Collaborative Inquiry
12. Parental and Community Involvement
13. Cross curricular literacy connections in all subjects.
14. Shared responsibility and accountability
Our Lady’s will be using this framework to drive our school improvement agenda along with 40 other catholic schools across the state.