The Musical Mary Poppins Jr. will be performed in 2020 six exciting times: Wednesday 22nd July (Matinee - DRESS REHEARSAL and Opening Night, Evening), Thursday 23rd July (Evening), Friday 24th July (Evening), Saturday 25th July (Matinee and Closing Night, Evening).
Auditions (Females) will be held in the Theatre. Access will be via the Foyer (note there is to be no eating or drinking in the Theatre or Foyer except bottled water):
General FIRST ROUND Audition 1 Lunch Monday 28 October
General FIRST ROUND Audition 2 Lunch Thursday 31 October
General FIRST ROUND Audition 3 Lunch Monday 4 November
General FIRST ROUND Audition 4 Lunch Wednesday 6 November
Dancing FIRST ROUND Audition 5 Lunch Thursday 7 November
Year 7 2020 General FIRST ROUND Auditions - 3:45 - 5:30pm Wednesday 6 November (more information to come via the Year 6 Group in Skoolbag)
Callbacks for leads SECOND ROUND Auditions 3:30 - 5:00pm Tuesday 12 November.
- Students should register their interest to audition via the Google Spreadsheet to be emailed to students shortly.
- Please bring a printed, signed and stapled Student Audition Form and contract to your audition.
- Parents can connect to the Mary Poppins Jr. group in Skoolbag.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions or if you are a student who would like to help with other aspects of the production (set, costumes, props, makeup, ushering etc.).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Your Audition:
- There will be two-four friendly and supportive members of Staff present (no other students are permitted in the audition room);
- Please bring with students should bring a completed Student Audition Form and Contract (signed and stapled - no plastic sleeves please);
- DANCING GENERAL FIRST ROUND AUDITIONS and CALLBACK LEAD AUDITIONS will require students to get changed into appropriate movement attire;
- GENERAL FIRST ROUND AUDITIONS: Students must perform acapella the first minute (each student will have exactly 60 seconds) of ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’. Please feel free to show your singing, dancing and acting skills during this minute (if you wish, you can just stand and sing if you feel more comfortable). There are many versions and backing tracks online to assist you to learn this excerpt. Here is one (please ignore the dialogue): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skaoe5_TSSA
- Students who have made it to the ‘Second Round’ will be contacted via email Friday 8 November.
- There will be a page of song lyrics for you to use if required:
‘When trying to express oneself, it's frankly quite absurd,
To leaf through lengthy lexicons to find the perfect word.
A little spontaneity keeps conversation keen,
You need to find a way to say, precisely what you mean…
Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious!
If you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precocious,