Hello and welcome back to St Leonards for 2020. We have had a brilliant start to the year so far, with lots of happy learners bouncing around the school. We would like to welcome our 65 new students and their families into our community
We start the year with a record 422 students.
We also welcome a number of new and returning staff to our school: Jess Ogilvie Year 1/2, Tayla Kemp Year 6, Kathleen Rollings Year 3, Liz Condous, Music/Choir/Year 7, Mei Lin- Mandarin LOTE.
We welcome back Di Hannagan from her leave.
We also welcome back our highly valued SSO’s Sue Smith, Courtney Schultz, Tair Vaidenfeld, Heather Pronk, Shannon Baker and Julieanne Whitehead.
We have a brilliant staff at St Leonards.
2019-2021 School Priorities
The staff have been busily developing our new Site Improvement Plan in consultation with the Education Department. We will share this document with you once it is approved. We will have three goals:
· To improve student achievement in writing across the whole site.
· To increase the number of students in the top levels of achievement in reading.
· To increase the number of high achieving students in numeracy from Years 3-7.
From time to time things don’t go as planned and you may need to discuss your concerns. At St Leonards we have a defined grievance procedure that has been designed to help this process.
1. Arrange a time to speak to the relevant teacher(s) about the problem as a first course of action. Let the teacher know what you consider to be the issue. Make a mutually appropriate time to discuss the concern. Please note: It is not appropriate to use class or learning time.
2. Allow a reasonable timeframe for the issue to be addressed.
3. If the grievance is not addressed and you have unsuccessfully requested feedback, arrange a time to speak with a member of the leadership team. Explain that you have a difficulty to Mel in the Office when making an appointment – this allows for follow-up and information gathering. Or you may feel more comfortable emailing one of the leadership team at the addresses below:
Dave Henty-Smith: Principal: email@example.com
Jo Meredith: Deputy Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that there is a no parking zone before the crossing on the school side from 8:00am - 9:00am and 3:00pm - 4:00pm. If people park in this safe zone, it really disrupts the flow of traffic. Thank you for helping to keep our children safe.
Dave Henty-Smith, Principal
Jo Meredith, Deputy Principal
Kathy Baker, Inclusive Education Coordinator